The Tri-County League of Cities consists of city and county members within Orange, Seminole, and Osceola county areas. According to the Florida League of Cities, county or regionalized local leagues — developed by city officials to resolve localized municipal issues — cover a majority of the state. Local leagues have an independent affiliation with the Florida League of Cities.
The general purposes for which the Tri-County League of Cities is organized are:
- To bring closer together the various units of local government situated in the counties of orange, Seminole, and Osceola for the purpose of mutual assistance in the solution of local government problems
- To study the challenges facing municipalities and to work for the general improvement of local government and its efficient administration in this State through cooperative effort and improved communication
- To promote the exchange of ideas and experiences in successful methods of local administration
- To foster municipal education and greater civic consciousness among all citizens
- To encourage and work for the welfare of the citizens of the respective cities within the Tri-County area.